Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Little Bird, Little Bird with Scarves

Thank you to Serena for introducing me to the music of Elizabeth Mitchell.

I love Elizabeth Mitchell's simple, clear voice and her choice of timeless songs. I especially love this album "You Are My Little Bird." Check out her version of Gillian Welch's "Winter's Come and Gone" and Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds."
Elizabeth Mitchell includes a free songbook on her website with the chords to many of her songs. 

 I fell in love with the song "Little Bird, Little Bird" and I adapted my own version to use in storytime. I play it on the ukulele, but you could sing it as well. For this song I give each child a scarf and have them come up when their color was called and "fly" their scarf around the flannelboard.


Little Bird, Little Bird
(adapted from the Traditional version)
A
Red bird, red bird, come to my window.
E7
Red bird, red bird, come to my window.
A
Red bird, red bird, come to my window,
E7                              A
And wish us all good morning.

(Repeat with all the colors.)

All birds, all birds come to my window.
All birds, all birds come to my window.
All birds, all birds, come to my window,
And wish us all good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?